Sunday 12 April 2009

Eden Lake

Good Points:
Impressive acting, perfect setting (in England!) and a very strong story that builds up throughout, Great Directing and builds up so much suspense... Overall a very well made film!

Bad Points: However I personally do not like the storyline...

General comments:
Eden Lake was possibly the most depressing film I've ever experienced.. I've never come away from a cinema with such a 'low - down' feeling. I wont give anything away, but basically the storyline is a man and women, deeply in love, go away on a break... some naughty teens start to cause some trouble with them and one thing leads onto another, ending up with a lot of torture, pain, loss and upset. But the aspect of the film that got me, which was clear, was Eden Lake was not actually a 'normal' horror... for example, I didn't find one part a 'on the edge of your seat' experience, or 'jumpy', or even scary... it was basically watching a prefect couple get completely ruined in such a twisted way... and then the film just ends with no uplift, just depressing in my opinion. Eden Lake is definitely not a film to go on and see on a first date, believe me! More of a film to watch before planning to kill yourself!

(taken from:www.reviewcentre.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment